Great Italian Cities - 10 day(s), Europe, Italy
Floating islands, Papal splendor and Renaissance masters. Italy's greatest cities are in the spotlight on an epic discovery of Venice, Florence and Rome. Tasting rich, traditional Tuscan soup, garnished with aromatic basil picked straight from your hosts' own garden. The warmth of the charismatic Baj Macario family envelops you as they welcome you to the halls, vineyards and olive groves of their 14th century castle and share their family history. They tell stories of the murderous Pazzi, the original owners, as you stand in cellars that once were their dungeons, and invite you to enjoy an exclusive tasting of the Chianti wines produced on their estate.
- Professional tour director
- 12 meals
- Travel by luxury motorcoach
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
AAA Member Benefits
- $25 per person optional excursion credit
Complimentary excursion - Drive to the hilltop town of San Gimignano, with tall watch-towers built by rival families. This is Italy's best-preserved medieval city.
- You will be welcomed by the owners of a magnificent castle in the Tuscan hills and enjoy a memorable dinner in the Great Hall or Castle gardens
- Visit Giudecca Island for an insider look at Venetian Arts where you'll see glass-blowing artisans and other craftsmen in action
- In Venice, enjoy a walking tour with a local guide of 'Secret Venice' and the Rialto food market, then take a cruise along the Grand Canal
- Ascend the smooth and step-less spiral staircase designed by famous architect Donato Bramante, part of the Vatican not open to the public
- Visit St. Francis Basilica, St. Peter's Basilica, the amazing Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and the Roman Colosseum
- Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square
- View Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, and the Roman Forum