Motorhome Insurance Provided by AAA
AAA has the protection you need, including insurance coverage for motorhomes, travel trailers, campers, and more
Learn about RV coverage
You’ll get flexible policy options for your RV insurance needs – choose between liability-only or full comprehensive and collision protection. With all RV policies, you’ll receive diminishing deductibles each year you remain claim-free, multiple deductible options, multiple payment options, and the first minor violation is free.
Get protection for these types of motorhomes and travel trailers:
- Motorhomes: Class A, B, and C; and Medium-Duty Tow
- Travel Trailers: Conventional, Pop-Up, Fifth-Wheel, and Truck-Mount
AAA also offers several optional coverages for your motor home needs:
- Emergency Expense: Your temporary housing expenses are paid when a covered peril disables your motorhome. This option also pays the cost to get you, and your vehicle, back home.
- Outstanding Loan Balance: Settlement for a total loss might not be enough to pay off an outstanding loan. This option ensures you’re not left with a loan to pay and no motorhome to show for it.
- Full-timer Liability: If you live six months or more of the year in your motorhome, you can add liability protection similar to a home insurance policy.
- Vacation Liability: Enjoy liability coverage while your unit is at a campsite or park.
- Personal Effects: Protect your personal belongings for actual cash value or replacement cost coverage.
Our experienced agents will ensure you’re getting the right coverage and taking advantage of all the discount available to you, including membership in an approved RV association, loss-free discount, anti-lock brakes or other safety options, and completing an approved safety course.
AAA agents will also explain the multiple loss settlement options available to you:
- Replacement Cost: Your motorhome will be replaced if it is five model years old or newer and is damaged beyond repair as a result of an accident. You’ll receive another unit of the same kind and quality. No depreciation.
- Purchase Price: The amount you paid for your motorhome will be credited if it’s damaged beyond repair.
- Agreed Value: Together, we’ll determine how much your motorhome is worth and insure it for that amount. If you suffer a total loss, you’ll be reimbursed for that agreed amount. No depreciation.
All coverages protect up to the stated policy limit. For a complete listing of coverages, exclusions, conditions and limitation, please talk to your agent. Program availability, coverages, and discounts may vary by state. The insurance described in this brochure is underwritten by one or more insurers of the American Modern Insurance Group , rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best. American Modern Insurance Group is owned by MunichRe, a global leader in primary and reinsurance with over 50 locations throughout the world. This brochure highlights the important features of the coverage offered by American Modern Insurance Group. As with any insurance product, the insurance policy itself sets out the complete terms, conditions, and exclusions concerning the coverage. For the latest A.M. Best Rating, access www.ambest.com.