Destination Known: 2013 Hot Spots
AAA recommends mapping out your 2013 travel plans early
As we enter into the swing of 2013, many travelers are starting to think about, or are already making vacation plans for next year. As a result, AAA Travel is unveiling hot destinations and travel trends for 2013.
“This year’s most popular destinations span places that pique a variety of interests,” said Amy Moreno, director of travel for AAA Arizona. “In 2013, prospective travelers should resolve to plan ahead, book early, and enlist the help of a travel professional – especially if they plan to visit a 2013 hot spot.”
The following European destinations are predicted to be popular international travel destinations in 2013:
- England. London always has been an attractive destination for travelers. It will be even more so in 2013 with the hustle of the London Olympics over and the excitement over Duchess Kate Middleton’s pregnancy. The newest member of the royal family is expected to arrive sometime this summer.
- Paris. Another European mainstay, this French gem has it all: culture, food and history. Known for romance, the City of Light is home to some must-visit sites, including the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and Napoleon’s Tomb.
- Ireland. In 2013, Ireland will celebrate The Gathering, a year-long celebration of all things Irish through heritage, sports, food and drink. Visitors can expect to be wowed by majestic castles; breathtaking scenery and the delightful people – not to mention a dizzying array of Irish beer.
For those staying in North America, AAA Travel anticipates the following destinations to be among the most traveled in 2013:
- New York City. As one of the most-traveled cities in the United States, New York caters to every traveler with the arts, theater, culture and world-class dining. Even multiple visits to the city will only scratch the surface.
- Northern California. San Francisco is the first city people think of when discussing Northern California, but a variety of small cities and towns offer other equally charming, part to a visit. Mild weather enables visitors to experience wineries, museums and the waterfront.
- Canada. Oh, Canada. Some of the fun in visiting our neighbor to the north is actually getting there. Some people may enjoy a cruise to Alaska and take an extension in Canada, while others may prefer to take advantage of one of 44 different itineraries by rail.
In addition to visiting certain cities or countries, AAA Travel also noted three travel trends in 2013: culinary trips, philanthropic trips and group travel for women. In fact, in 2012, AAA Travel launched Today’s Traveling Women, a social club for women who love to travel.
AAA is the largest travel agency in North America. Visit AAA.com/travel for more information.
AAA Arizona, the Arizona affiliate of AAA, provides automotive, insurance and travel services to more than 825,000 Arizona members. Annually, AAA’s Roadside Assistance responds to more than 450,000 calls for help on Arizona roadways. The auto club also provides insurance, travel, auto repair, discounts and financial services to AAA members. Since its founding in 1927, AAA Arizona has been a leading advocate for the safety and security of all travelers.