26th Annual AAA Rose Parade Tour
Join AAA as we celebrate this grand tradition of flowers and floats on our 26th Annual Rose Parade Tour.
Dreams Come True when you join AAA on the 26th Annual Rose Parade Tour. Experience the Tournament of Roses Parade up close from your reserved grandstand seat and so much more.
December 28, 2013 - January 2, 2014
- Tour a float barn to witness the final preparations
- Visit the Reagan Library and two Getty museums
- Choose from four AAA office pick-up locations: Tucson (West), Tucson (East), Chandler or Sun City West
- Stay at the AAA Three Diamond Marina Del Rey Marriott
- Enjoy a New Year's Eve dinner and dance gala
- Get exclusive parade gifts
Tour Price and Payments
$1,547 per guest, double occupancy; $1,355 per guest, triple occupancy; $1,259 per guest, quad occupancy; $2,124 single occupancy.
Deposit: $250 per person to confirm your reservation Final Payment: Due on or before October 4, 2013
Space is limited
To plan your vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.
Highlights and Tour Inclusions
- Round trip transportation from one of several AAA Arizona office locations
- Transportation to/from scheduled activities
- 5 nights hotel accommodations at the Marina del Rey Marriott
- Five (5) breakfasts, one (1) buffet lunch, and one (1) dinner – New Year's Eve dinner and dance party
- Welcome reception at hotel with sandwiches, salad, and soup
- Visit to the Ronald Reagan Library, Getty Museum, and Getty Villa Museum, including admission costs
- Float Barn tour
- Reserved Grandstand seating at the Tournament of Roses Parade including a Tournament of Roses Program
- AAA Rose Parade fleece and seat cushion
- Tour Directors (one per motor coach) and AAA Hosts (one per motor coach)
- Tips for driver-guides, tour directors, and other persons rendering a purely personal service. Gratuities are recommended on a personal and voluntary basis.
- Meals not specifically indicated in the itinerary and inclusions
- Optional sightseeing not specifically listed in inclusions
- Purchases of souvenirs, gifts, and personal items
- Travel cancelation insurance
About Your Hotel:
Marina del Rey Marriott Welcome to a thoroughly modern and uniquely indulgent hotel experience. Step into an oasis of calm, a retreat from the world outside, where an exotic aromatherapy mist circulates throughout the hotel creating a sense of ease and warmth. The lobby is bathed in candlelight, and the pampering staff of trained professionals is prepared to attend to your every desire, focused on making your stay memorable in every way. The rooms are designed with style, all overlooking the waters of Marina del Rey or with views of the Malibu Mountains and Pacific Ocean. The restaurant features Asian influences melded with Italian classics that are complemented by an assortment of California wines.
Restaurants and Lounges at Marina del Rey Marriott:
- Stones Restaurant: American fine dining - open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- The Lobby Bar: American inspired- open for lunch and dinner
- Glow Lounge: California influences- open for lunch and dinner.
This tour requires that all participants be able to get on/off the motor coach multiple times unassisted, climb stairs (up to 30 but at a leisurely pace), and be on your feet walking for extended periods of time (at least 20 minutes). Due to tour seating at the parade, we are unable to accommodate travelers using wheelchairs or walkers. Participants must be in a healthy condition as this tour is packed with activities.
Limitations and Restrictions:
Prices are per person, based on single, double, triple, or quad occupancy as listed, are subject to availability at time of booking, and may change without notice. Your travel arrangements may be modified or canceled subject to the travel providers’ policies. Additional conditions and restrictions may apply. We make every effort for accuracy at time of publication but reserve the right to correct errors. AAA Travel strongly recommends the purchase of trip protection insurance.
Cancel 1-13 days after deposit and prior to October 4, 2013: No fee
Cancel 14 days after deposit and prior to October 4, 2013: $50 cancel fee per booking
Cancel on or after final payment date of October 4, 2013: $250 cancel fee per person
Cancel on or after November 8, 2013: 50% penalty
Cancel on or after December 4, 2013: 100% penalty
Trip cancelation insurance is highly recommended
To plan your vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-866-545-7319 or stop by your local AAA office.
Day 1: Saturday, December 28, 2013
This morning is an early one. You will meet your AAA Travel Host and Tour Director, board a deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach and depart for the “City of Angels.” On the way, we’ll stop for lunch in Blythe. After lunch we’ll settle back on our motor coach, enjoy the scenery, watch an onboard movie or catch up on some well-deserved rest and relaxation. Before you know it we’ll arrive at our destination. Upon arriving at the Marriott Marina del Rey, you will enjoy a private welcome reception with your fellow AAA members.
Day 2: Sunday, December 29, 2013
Enjoy a Buffet Breakfast at the Hotel. Today we visit the J. Paul Getty Villa and the J. Paul Getty Center. The Villa houses approximately 44,000 works of art from the museum's extensive collection of Greek, Roman, and Etruscan antiquities. While the Center continues to develop its collection through purchases and gifts, complementing its impact through special exhibitions, publications, and educational programs developed for a wide range of audiences.
Day 3: Monday, December 30, 2013
Enjoy a Buffet Breakfast at the Hotel. Then it’s off to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library for a tour and Lunch. You will have this evening to yourself to enjoy one of the many fantastic restaurants that Marina Del Rey has to offer.
Day 4: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Enjoy a Buffet Breakfast at the Hotel. Then we head to Pasadena to visit the Float barns where you will see volunteers scrambling to finish the last minute details on floats that have taken a year to build. Then it’s back to the hotel so you can change into your dancing shoes…Tonight is the AAA Arizona New Year’s Eve Party. Enjoy a wonderful meal, dancing, and our champagne toast at Midnight…New York Time that is. We have to get up early tomorrow.
Day 5: Wednesday, January 1, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It’s Rose Parade Day! Jump on the bus; we are off to the 125th running of the Tournament of Roses Parade! We will be in our Grandstand Seats early so dress in layers it might be chilly. Following the Parade you'll have a free day. Venture around Los Angeles, find a local spot to watch the big game, or maybe you just want to go back to the hotel. It’s up to you.
Day 6: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Today we enjoy one last breakfast before we bid a fond farewell to California and return to the Grand Canyon State. We will stop for lunch at your leisure in Blythe on the way home.