A truly unique, once-in-a-lifetime way to experience the Canadian Rockies.
All Aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
Don’t miss the train!
Over the past 20 years, Rocky Mountaineer has welcomed more than 1 million guests onboard from around the world.
This world-renowned, luxurious train travels by daylight through the wild beauty of Canada's West and is the best way to experience the majestic Canadian Rockies. National Geographic even named Rocky Mountaineer as one of the World’s Greatest Trips.
As a full-service travel agency, AAA Travel partners with Rocky Mountaineer to offer more than 45 vacation packages and four unique rail routes that explore some great places in the Canadian Rockies, including:
- Banff, Alberta – with steaming mineral hot springs
- Jasper, Alberta – home to Jasper National Park and part of a protected mountain ecosystem
- Vancouver, British Columbia – considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Whistler, B.C. – known as one of the top-rated ski resorts in North America and home to the 2010 Winter Olympics.
The rail line also just added a new Coastal Passage route, which connects Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., to the Canadian Rockies.
Advantages of Rail Travel
There are many unique features to rail travel. One of the greatest advantages, however, is the ability to travel through areas simply not accessible by foot, car or motor coach.
Rocky Mountaineer routes follow rushing rivers, pass beside towering waterfalls, and ride through spectacular river canyons.
To truly appreciate the nature and scenery of the Canadian Rockies, rail travel offers the very best vantage point.
Levels of Service
Rocky Mountaineer offers three classes of service – RedLeaf, SilverLeaf, and GoldLeaf – to meet a variety of traveler needs and budgets:
- RedLeaf features large picture windows and chilled meals;
- SilverLeaf features a single-level glass-domed coach with oversized windows and your choice of breakfast and lunch entrees;
- GoldLeaf features a two-level glass-domed coach with full-length windows, an exclusive dining room, and hot gourmet meals.
To book your Rocky Mountaineer vacation, contact a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.