General Tours - World Traveler
Never more than 16 guests. Guaranteed.
General Tours, founded in 1947, is one of America’s oldest tour companies. The company’s guiding philosophy originated at the Geneva Peace Conference following the Second World War with a mission to build bridges of understanding between North America and Eastern Europe. Since that time, more than one million travelers have enjoyed General Tours' programs and small ship cruises to destinations including Asia, Japan, China, South America, Costa Rica, India, Western and Eastern Europe, Russia, Morocco, South Africa, Turkey, and Egypt.
General Tours offers only Small Group Journeys, including 19 new trips filled with unforgettable experiences in some of the world’s most evocative places, like Borneo, Malta and Sicily, Lake Baikal, the Inca Trail, and Zimbabwe. On any of their 74 remarkably affordable, upscale trips you’ll discover the superior value, attentive services of the Trip Leaders, and how flexible and responsive they are as a company.
By blending thoughtful and unique experiences with exceptional value, General Tours is able to offer terrific travel at great prices. You’ll find the premium hotels and resorts, unique dining, and comprehensive and experiential sightseeing reflect the quality, value, and innovation which has made General Tours one of America’s leading travel companies for 66 years.
General Tours offers the right journey to fit your lifestyle:
Value-oriented Small Group Journeys, all with the excellent hotels, comprehensive sightseeing, and attentive services you would expect – at a really great price!
Broad and in-depth, these journeys feature truly remarkable experiences in some of the world’s most extraordinary destinations.
Adventure & Safaris
Exploring the natural world, these active escorted trips offer comfort and style for the spirited, inquisitive traveler.
Personal, flexible touring just for your traveling party! Surprisingly affordable trips with your very own car and driver... and wonderful in-the-know guides!
Independent journeys with fine hosts assisting you along the way for worry-free travel at the most affordable prices.
Shorter tours and city stays which can be added to any of their other tours and cruises, or mixed-and-matched as you wish.
To plan your vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.
Save $800 per couple or $400 per person when you pay-in-full at time of booking for any General Tours 2014 Small Group Journeys & Private Tours!
ACT NOW… This pay-in-full offer ends December 31!
To book your vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.
* Based on per person double occupancy. Valid for travel through 2015. In order to get the exclusive AAA Visa® discount the trip must be paid in full using your AAA Visa credit card within seven days of booking. Only Available through your local AAA Travel office. Receive exclusive pricing when you pay-in-full with any AAA credit card (Gas Rebate, Diamond Rewards, Diamond Advantage, Cash Rewards, WorldPoints® , Member Rewards.) Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association, and is used by the issuer pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. WorldPoints is a registered trademark of FIA Card Services, N.A.
Intimate exploration of the highlights and authentic encounters with her traditional ways reveal more of China’s “True Spirit.”
- With only 16 guests or fewer, you’ll have a better vantage and more time at the Terra Cotta Army.
- Feel the ancient rhythms of Xian as you explore the Muslim market with an engaging, savvy resident.
- Delve into the traditional ways of China when you meet tea farmers at their home near Hangzhou.
- An intimate stroll along historic Pingjiang Road is the best way to appreciate the splendor of Suzhou’s centuries-old Song Dynasty architecture.
- 19 meals included.
Check in to the city-center Sofitel Wanda where a luxury room awaits.
Set out to explore the Imperial monuments of the capital, including Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Summer Palace.
Journey into the mountains for an unforgettable visit to the Great Wall.
Fly to Xian and explore the bustling Muslim market with a local shop keeper.
Tour the excavation site of the Terra Cotta Army, China’s greatest archaeological discovery, and visit the ancient defensive walls of the city.
Fly to Hangzhou and visit a tea farm outside the city center.
Visit Wuzhen, a 2,000-year-old town, and see some of China’s most finely preserved Ming Dynasty homes. Continue on to Suzhou.
Visit the exotic Bird & Flower Market then tour the exquisite Garden of the Master of the Nets and see the imposing Panmen Gate.
Explore the vast collection of the Shanghai Museum and drive along the historic waterfront Bund into vibrant 21st-century Pudong. Then stroll along the ancient lanes of Tianzifang.
Your program finishes after breakfast.
To plan your China Sampler vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.
Includes Quito and a 3-night all-inclusive cruise in an outside suite aboard the Silver Galapagos.
- Our signature Small Group sightseeing brings Quito to life! Explore the culture, flavors and architectural treasures of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, hailed by many as one of South America's most beautiful cities.
- With never more than 16 guests in a landing party, you'll enjoy deeper engagement and more personalized attention from our expert Naturalists, a more comfortable pace, and unforgettable up-close encounters with some of the most amazing animals on the planet.
- Informative and entertaining shipboard lectures enhance your voyage and deepen your understanding of the islands' unique geology and wildlife.
- 13 meals included.
Check in to the deluxe Swissotel.
Begin your day in the San Juan neighborhood with traditional hot chocolate and then explore Quito’s landmark architecture. Stroll through the Colonial district to historic La Ronda.
Fly to the San Cristobal to board your ship. Then join your naturalist guide for your first encounter with the amazing wildlife of these islands.
At Gardner Bay, your guide will point out a variety of species including hood mockingbirds and the Galapagos hawk. After lunch go ashore at Punta Suarez, home to Nazca boobies and marine iguanas.
Visit the Charles Darwin Research Center to learn about the important work being done to preserve the islands’ natural heritage. Then step ashore on Plazas Island.
Fly to Guayaquil and transfer to the deluxe Hilton Colon Hotel.
Return to the USA or travel on with us to discover the Land of the Inca!
To plan your Journey to the Galapagos, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.
A remarkably efficient one-week trip with a choice of fine hotels and all the benefits of sightseeing with an expert personal guide.
- The flexibility and unhurried pace of sightseeing with your own private car, driver and guide promise a more enriching and personalized experience.
- Encounter India’s rich multi-cultural diversity on a private visit to Delhi’s largest Sikh Temple.
- Ride atop an elephant to the Amber Fort for a tour of this imposing 16th-century hilltop citadel.
- Stroll through a lively evening market in Jaipur and learn to don a traditional saree and turban.
- Dine at Veda, famed for its innovative curry dishes.
- Includes daily breakfast plus one dinner.
Check in to your choice of city-center hotel.
Drive along the Rajpath past India Gate and the Presidential Palace. Visit Jama Masjid and Bangla Sahib, Delhi’s largest Sikh Temple. Admire the imposing facade of the Red Fort and explore Chandni Chowk market in a traditional pedicab. After lunch, tour Qutab Minar and Emperor Humayun’s Tomb.
Travel through the colorful Rajasthani countryside to Jaipur and enjoy a guided stroll through a bustling city market and learn how to don a traditional saree and turban.
Ascend by elephant to tour the Amber Palace, home to the Chamber of Mirrors. See the oft-photographed Palace of Winds, tour the City Palace Museum and visit Jantar Mantar, an accurate observatory built in 1726.
Explore the “ghost town” of Fatehpur Sikri, continue to Agra and check in to your choice of hotel. This evening’s visit to the Taj Mahal reveals this icon bathed in the golden glow of dusk.
Visit the palatial Agra Fort and then journey back toward Delhi.
Your journey finishes this morning after breakfast.
To plan your Incredible India vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-870-9408 or stop by your local AAA office.