Easy Pace Russia - 8 day(s), Russia
From the grand baroque of St Petersburg to Moscow’s iconic treasures, Russia is an enigma that just has to be sampled by any serious traveller! This leisurely tour reveals all the main highlights of Russia's two imperial cities. Yet, being 'Easy Pace' it also provides plenty of opportunity for you to explore the onion-domed cathedrals, majestic palaces and fantastic museums at your leisure.
- Escorted by a professional tour director
- Baggage handling
- Hotel and restaurant tips i
- Free Wi-Fi in most hotel rooms or lobbies
- Travel by luxury motorcoach
- Airport transfers at scheduled times
- One-way train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and Welcome Dinner (WD)
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD)
AAA Member Benefit
$40 optional excursion voucher
- St Petersburg: Tour the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s great repositories of European art and housed in the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to visit the epic formal gardens of Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, bursting with thunderous cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- High Speed Train: 'Sapsan' in Russian means 'falcon'. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: For much of its lifetime, the Moscow Kremlin was home to the Romanov dynasty – the tsars who ruled Russia for three centuries. Walk inside the walls to visit one of the cathedrals and see the largest bell in the world (also the quietest - it's never been rung!)
- Moscow: The capital's Metro stations offer a trip of a different kind. Not simply a system of transport but a monument to Soviet grandeur and power.
- Moscow: Join in a fun-filled Celebration Dinner that straddles the culinary East to West divide and includes drinks to toast to your new found friends.
- St Petersburg: See the great dome of St Isaac’s Cathedral, the fortress of St Peter and Paul. Drive down Nevsky Prospekt to see the Cathedral of Kazan.
- Moscow: Tour Red Square, seeing St Basil’s Cathedral and Lenin’s tomb.